View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 03:56 PM   #137
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I think we don't have enough information to know the optimal route. Let's say we crank out the bio dome right away. But then without a system of government the hidden thugs among us (suspicion of one non-colonist at least) takes the extra food and there is no system to punish them properly, among the rest of the chaos that a lack of government could cause. It's possible getting the scientific research going would give us the means of growing twice as much food thanks to improved techniques as well as the other benefits it would provide. We're the other colonists killed off by a plague? Wish we had had that medical facility built.

I personally prefer a non-biodome strategy on the basis that we have at least some supplies to begin (I doubt EF would kill us this quickly) but to improve our efficiency, we need better research and a system of laws, as well as a facility that will let us heal players rather than losing them to injuries.

I'm leaning towards research for now, but I'm also ok with medical or government.

What are we thinking regarding giving some general information out about what tasks we would be good at? On one hand, we don't want to randomly sign people up for leadership roles they would be lousy at based on their skills, but we also don't know the consequences of revealing that information.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote