View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 02:11 PM   #323
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Bill Simmons' "The Ringer" site went live today:

https://theringer.com/

I don't read a lot of really, really, really long articles unless I'm very interested in the topic already, but I look forward to the podcasts and HBO show. Though I don't think I need to hear Andrew Luck analyze Game of Thrones.

I checked it out. I liked Grantland more or less. There were a few people there that I really liked to read and none of them seemed to have made the jump to The Ringer with Simmons. I really liked a lot of their longer pieces and found most of the TV/movie reviews to be pretty in depth and intelligent.

Based on an early review, I'm not sure The Ringer is quite there yet. Not too many of the sports related stories were that interesting. The movie reviews were short and very bleh. And, while I've been huge "Game of Thrones" fan since 1999, there's just waaaaay too much Game of Thrones stuff on there. I get it. The website is related to HBO and "Game of Thrones" is HBO's only relevant show right now, but still. It's a bit much. Though, that could be said of most of the internet and "Game of Thrones."
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote