View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 04:28 PM   #335
Logan
Head Coach

I agree with albion's last point. Whether that is $7MM-9MM in value, who knows. Obviously they're paying him a ton but the rest of the costs associated with it would be pretty low. I don't think they'd let him do it forever if it sucks, but they're not risking much by giving him a half hour on a Wednesday night.

I consider myself a fan even though I now find him more annoying than anything. I think it's based on being "with him" forever and now I laugh at (laugh at him, not with him) how his current mindset in his mid 40s and as a multimillionaire still matches his mindset back in the day - which at the time matched my mindset as an 18-22 year old.

It's just entertainment. It's why I like him on podcasts 95% of the time still, because I'm doing something else while listening - exercising, commuting, food shopping, etc. But I have no real desire to sit and watch him be himself for a half hour on a Wednesday night.

I just can't believe those topics are how he chose to launch his show. If it was someone else hosting, he would have KILLED the guy for coming out with a take that already had been beaten to hell two days later. Much less, another segment focusing on something that the country has been sick of for months.

He got a lot of rough reviews and I can imagine it would have been much worse if everyone wasn't as focused on Affleck coming across as such a nut.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote