View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 03:43 AM   #454
Radii
Head Coach

-- Constantino is named to the League 1 team of the week.

November Update

-- We play on the 5th, 12th, 19th, 22nd, and 29th this month. If we win our FA Cup match we'll play on the 26th in round 2 as well.

-- Constantino scored 7 goals in 5 matches in October, earning the league 1 player of the month award!

-- The board is delighted with my leadership. Our league 1 performance is a highlight. Our signing of James Chester is "regarded by the fans as a poor piece of business"... yeah, they hailed me for bringing him in, they turn when he sucks though! I'm turning on him a bit myself, its ok. We lost $65k last month.

November 5th, 2016

FA Cup 1st Round

Woking (2nd, L1) @ Eastbourne Borough(15th, BSS)

We're 2:5 favorites here. Eastbourne are 13:2 to win. I expected that to be more in our favor even than that. We met twice in the BS Premier League in 2010, losing once and tying once.

GK: James
D: Nikolaou/Taylor/Marc/Ogogo
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Zatara/N'Guessan
FC: Harsanyi/Green

We start a lot of backups today, most notably young keeper Jason James and young striker Bob Green. I hope we've left enough starters in, including our defensive line, that we'll be ok, I want to see some of these guys though. constantino and Lynch are both available should something go horribly wrong in the first half. We'll attack today.

12': O'Sullivan puts a ball into the left side of the area, Zatara is there and has our first clear cut chance, but his shot is right at their keeper.

25': We have a 67/33 possession edge but just 3 shots, we're not exactly walking it into the net so far.

35': Bob Green is hurt, I might have to take him out at the half no matter what now... we'll see if he recovers enough to go more.

42': Eastbourne shoots for the first time, a free kick from long range that's way wide.

HALF: 4 shots for us, 1 for them, 60/40 possession edge. I want to leave Green in there for a bit, but if we can't find a goal reasonably soon, Paulo and Constantino are hopping in this one

60': O'Sullivan takes a shot from long range, its blocked and goes behind. first corner earns us a second one, second corner Vince Taylor gets a solid strong shot but its also blocked and cleared out.

70': Constantino in for Green, Paulo in for O'Sullivan. Win this please.

72': Constantino has it 30 yards out, its tackled away and they pass it upfield, Ogogo wins it and sends it long, Constantino runs onto it, into the area, and its a clear cut chance, but Constantino blasts it off the crossbar, no goal...

85': There it is, we win a ball in the defensive end, Paulo to Constantino, he's 30 yards out, he beats a midfielder, then just simply sprints between the two central defenders who are trying to close down, making it into the area and beating the keeper. 1-0

87': Constantino receives a pass near midfield, he sprints down the right side, turns into the area, near the end line, you can clearly see him hold up as Harsanyi is offsides, Constantino just stands there waiting for a defender, Harsanyi gets back onside, Constantino passes it through the 6 yard box and Harsanyi walks it into the net. 2-0

Good try Eastbourne, I know the feeling, and may know it again soon if we run into an EPL team in this tournament later.

Eastbourne Boro 0 : 2 Woking

Man of the Match: Constantino (7.8)
Goals: Constantino, Harsanyi (7.7)
Assists: Paulo (6.9), Constantino
Notables: Ogogo (7.4), Nikolaou (7.3), Marc (7.8), Taylor (7.2)

The midfield and offense was pretty bad until I made my subs, the defense was very solid though. Bob Green shot once, off target, and picked up a 6.4 rating. He completed 10 of 12 passes and won 6 of 7 headers, impossible to tell if he couldn't get open or our other men struggled to get him the ball, with Upson and Harsanyi out there though Im sure its mostly on Green. Keeper Jason James put up a 6.9 rating and the clean sheet. We allowed 5 shots, just 2 were on target, but he was up to the task those 2 times, whee!

-- We receive $29,500 for our first round win.

FA Cup 2nd Round Draw

We're going on the road again for round two, where we'll face League 1 opponent Milwall, currently sitting in 5th place in League 1. We played them at their place in league play back in September, picking up a 1:1 tie.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote