View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 10:50 PM   #457
Radii
Head Coach

-- Rotherham fire their coach, pretty much every team in a relegation position in League 1 and a few in League 2 have fired their coaches in the last month and my name has come up

every time. I continue to issue statements that I'm not interested in these jobs.

-- I didn't mention it postgame but i'm thrilled with the performance I got from Mathew Paterson last match, his passing was great, he got a couple decent looks himself that he wasn't able to convert but 3 assists is nothing to sneeze at.

November 22nd, 2016

Woking (8-7-2, 2nd) @ Leyton Orient(8-4-5, 5th)

We play our next 3-4 matches on short rest (perhaps more I haven't really looked at December closely yet). Here we find ourselves up against another playoff contender, today on the road. Leyton Orient are slim 6:4 favorites to our 13:8. We are 2-1-1 lifetime against these guys over a couple of our League 2 years. They earned promotion to Leauge 1 a year before us and finished 14th last season.

GK: James
D: Nikolaou/Taylor/Marc/Ogogo
MC: Upson/Paulo
AM: Colin/Zatara
FC: Harsanyi/constantino

Colin is back today and starts at AML, Zatara gives N'Guessan a rest, those are our only two changes today, we'll have to rest more guys later in this stretch but i want to be as strong as possible for this specific match. Standard mindset today.

14': We get a couple shots early but nothing special, we have a good buildup here, Constantino with a run then he goes out wide right, plays it back for Paulo, across to Harsanyi, he puts a ball foward, Zatara runs onto it and he's at the penalty spot with no one between him and the keeper... and he puts it miles wide. Our first clear cut chance, that was an ugly, ugly finish.

19': Zatara with a run down the right, he gets all the way to the end line, puts a cross into the 6 yard box... Colin is there, its crowded though, he heads it, its off the crossbar and back into play, Harsanyi recovers but his shot is blocked, Constantino recovers but its tackled away.

21': Paulo is near midfield, he plays a ball up to constantino just outside the area, Constantino turns by his man, takes a few steps into the area, and before the keeper can decide what to do buries a shot in the left side of the net! 1-0

40': We've seen nothing but a long Leyton Orient shot that goes way high in a long time.

45': We give up a corner, they take a little to the far side of the 6 yard area, James comes out but doesn't get to it, they get a head on the cross, but Nikolaou clears it off the line!! Whew, mistake by James, poor header (though ti was contested), clutch play by Nikolaou.

HALF: both teams have 6 shots, both teams have 1 on target. Our defense has obviously played way way better today and has kept James out of trouble until that last cross. We've allowed shots but we've closed down well, cleared corners well, and played a much more balanced game.

46': Upson puts a cross into the area, Colin gets a good head to it but puts it over, he had room to set that up, he should have gotten it on target at least.

50': Zatara is hurt and forced to immediately come out of the game, ugh! I move Ogogo up to AMR, Alcock is in and at DR.

62': We get foward twice but put two shots over, one is a 20 yard shot just high by Harsanyi, the other a header by Ogogo.

68': Ogogo is brought down as we try to build up an attack... he's hurt...

70': I bring N'Guessan in at AMR.

76': Midfielder Fitzpatrick gets a yellow.

82': We give up a corner, they cross it in but Taylor makes a good clearance.

86': They try a speculative shot from 35 yards out, James makes the save.

94': We're on the attack more often than not in the final 10 minutes but mostly we're stalling... here Paulo puts a ball into the area between two defenders and Constantino runs onto it, he shoots and easily beats the keeper to seal the win! 2-0

Leyton Orient 0 : 2 Woking

The defense plays a really strong game, James only puts up a 6.7 rating, we only allowed 2 on target shots all match, one was desparately cleared off the line, the other was a very long shot late in the match.

Man of the Match: Paulo (9.0)
Goals: Constantino 2 (8.8)
Assists: Paulo 2
Notables: Ogogo (7.4), Nikolaou (7.5), Marc (7.1), Upson (7.0)

I'm thrilled with this win, a playoff contender on the road with a backup keeper, but, I'm terrified to click through to postgame with two injuries.

Injury Update

-- Ogogo has a gashed leg and is out for 2 weeks.

-- Zatara has a couple broken ribs after a collision, he's out 4 weeks.

UGH!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote