View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 12:05 AM   #460
Radii
Head Coach

-- Paulo is named in the League 1 team of the week

November 29th, 2016

Oldham(7-8-3, 4th) @ Woking (9-7-2, 2nd)

I'm surprised when I see that we're even money favorites today over Oldham, they're 11:5 to win. Oldham have been in League 1 every year since the 97/98 season, almost 20 years without a relegation or promotion. They've made the playoffs only 3 times, last year was the closest they have come to relegation with a 20th place finish. This is our first meeting.

GK: James
D: Wiggins/Chester/Marc/Taylor
MC: Upson/Paulo
AM: Colin/N'Guessan
FC: Subotic/constantino

So many changes today. Nikolaou and Alcock desperately need days off, Wiggins DL, Taylor DR, Chester DC... the midfield and attacking mids are solid, Subotic gives Harsanyi a rest today up front. We'll attack today. We're also dropping our defensive line back due to speedy attackers according to our scouts.

17': Each team has two shots, we've had some nice long buildup on offense and failed to make the one last pass...

18': We earn a corner, its taken to Chester who blasts a shot but it hits the crossbar, 6 inches lower and we're in the lead.

23': We send it into the area, they head it out wide right, Vince Taylor is well forward, he plays a beautiful cross ot the far end of the 6 yard box, Colin is there, no defenders are there, and Colin gets a lot of power on it and puts it into the net!! 1-0

27': I dunno wtf i just saw!!! Upson is out wide left, he plays a cross... it looks like it deflects off a defender... either that, or Upson mishit it, it lofts towards the far side of the goal, the keeper comes out and misjudges the flight of the ball, and it sails slowly into the net, a crazy goal for Upson!! 2-0

HALF: The rest of the half flies by, we're looking pretty darn good! We have a huge 59/41 possession edge, 7 shots with 4 on target to 3 shots for them.

62': They have a free kick from out left, they cross into the area, Adcock goes up for a header over colin and heads it inot the net, a quick goal that gets them back in the game with a lot of time left. 1-2

64': Midfielder Jesus Miguel with a yellow for Oldham.

66': Constantino with a long run down the right, he blew by two defenders, cross into the area, Colin goes up for a header, and its inches wide... the keeper couldn't get to cover that side of the net in time, if it was on target it was a goal, very close.

69': Chester picked up an injury, I bring Christian Smith in for him. Paterson in for Subotic who hasn't played much and is easily tired.

75': We earn 3 corners before they finally clear it out.

83': I have Ferry ready to come in the next time the ball goes out of play for Upson... before that can happen Upson goes up for a header and is brought down in midfield, he rolls around on the ground ofr awhile and we have to sub him immediately. This could be a bad one.

91': We try to dig in and do a pretty good job, but they get a move down the left side, a cross through the 6 yard box, man James needed to get that... he doesn't and their striker Davies heads it into the net. 2-2

Woking 2 : 2 Oldham

We're tired, really tired, and once Upson went down I had a really bad feeling about this, it sucks blowing a 2:0 lead but I'm not surprised. One of their goalscorers is man of the match.

Goals: Upson (7.5), Colin (8.1)
Assists: Taylor (8.0), Constantino (6.8)
Notables: Pualo (7.4), N'Guessan (7.0)

No long term injuries for Chester or Upson after the match today, whew. With a few injuries still and major signs of fatigue all over, we have to go on the road to face the #1 team in League One, Crystal Palace, in 4 days.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote