View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 01:11 AM   #472
Radii
Head Coach

-- I'm set with most of my contract negotiations, but Ogogo wants $1800/match appearance fee. The board will only allow $900 and that's omre than anyone else gets. He's turned down a couple offers, I bump him up over $4k/wk salary but I may not be able to retain him.

December 31st, 2016

Carlisle(7-9-8, 16th) @ Woking (11-9-2, 2nd)

We're 5:4 favorites at home today, they're 7:4 to win. This will be our first meeting. This is Carlisle's 11th straight year in League 1, they haven't made the playoffs since the 08/09 season.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Taylor/Marc/Alcock
MC: Upson/Paulo
AM: Zatara/Ogogo
FC: Subotic/Constantino

Colin isn't ready to go yet, and we make a number of changes on quite short rest today. Alcock DR, Zatara/Ogogo AM's, Subotic at forward. We'll attack.

5': Paulo has it about 40 yards out, he puts a ball into the area, I don't really know how they don't intercept it, but Constantino is first to it, he's got a clear cut chance from 15 yards out and its a rare miss, he beats the keeper but it hits the right post and ricochets across the face of the goal before being cleared out.

6': Paulo has it again after we clear a ball out of the defense, he makes a run up the middle, passes to Subotic, Subotic avoids a tackle and passes it forward to Paulo who kept running, Paulo fills an opening in the defense, strikes from 18 yards out and beats the keeper! 1-0

8': Paulo has it yet again, he feeds it ahead to Constantino, this time Constantino does it himself, he's 20 yards out, he makes his man miss, turns by him, takes a couple steps into the area and buries it by the keeper 2-0

10': Slow buildup down the left, Subotic has it and sends it cross the area... Ogogo is there, he heads it in... but he's offsides, awww.

19': Craig Alcock is brought down by a tackle while trying to clear it out of the defensive end... he's hurt, and he's out. I move Nikolaou to DR and bring Wiggins in at DL.

25': Carlisle with their first shot and its a clear cut chance as an attacker moves by two of our defenders to earn a nice shot 15 yards out, Lynch makes a great save and holds it, no rebound!

26': We clear it but they take it away in the midfield after we've gotten foward, striker O'Brian has it, Taylor tries to win it back , Taylor misses his tackle and they're off to the races, O'Brian gets to about 20 yards out before taking his shot and Lynch isn't able to make the stop... 2-1

29': Subotic takes a pass from upson about 25 yards out, he turns and plays it into the arae right away, Constantino runs onto it and scores easily... I really, really thought he was offsides. On the replay i still think he was offsides, thanks for the goal refs! 3-1

38': We give up 3 corners, on the 3rd there's a header the scoots just between Wiggins guarding the post and Lynch into the net. We didn't really contest the header at all, not good! 3-2

45': Vince Taylor is hurt, sigh. We'll check on him postgame.

HALF: We're dominating every facet of this. We have 7 shots, they have 3, we're passing, crossing, tackling and heading the ball better, our team's average rating is 7.15, theirs it 6.69... but they've snuck in two goals and we're lucky they don't have 3. Some serious lapses on our part the few times they've threatened. Chester is in for Taylor, I'm worried about him going another full half with an injury.

49': They send a through ball into the area, Marc misses an interception, and it leads to an easy shot that beats lynch. Really? Come on guys... 3-3

60': they have a goal kick, we win a header near midfield and its headed foward to Subotic. He finds Constantino who beats his man, he's once again in the area and he looks ot have a hat trick... but puts it inches wide, doh!!

66': Ogogo with a long shot on our end and they counter, they get a man deep in the left corner after a very very long run, there's a cross that somehow stays in play, its played to the far post and there's a header, and Lynch doens't really do anything, he watches it go in, did he think it was offsides!?!? 3-4

Whoa. There's one more highlight showing Subotic shooting from long range, and that's it, the agme is over...

Woking 3 : 4 Carlisle

This is a complete and epic collapse by our defense. We shoot 4 times in the second half, all off target. They end up with 8 shots and 4 goals. This is just embarrassing, no better word to describe it.

Man of the Match: Paulo (9.0)
Goals: Constantino 2 (8.8), Paulo
Assists: Subotic 2 (9.0), Paulo

Dogshit Play: Lynch (6.4), Nikolaou (6.2), Ogogo (5.7), Zatara (5.8), Wiggins (5.0), Chester (6.3)

I tell everyone outside of Paulo, Subotic and Constantino that I'm furious with them.

-- Vince taylor is fine, Alcock is out for 7-10 days.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote