View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 11:53 PM   #484
Radii
Head Coach

-- Ogogo and Sam Cook are named to the League 1 Team of the Week.

Transfer Update

I spent the last 20 days of January working to acquire a DC. I want Chester gone, and don't want the huge dropoff that seems to occur after Vince Taylor and Marc when we get to Chester and Christian Smith. I found three that I liked, one, I couldn't afford to buy, a second took a bigger offer from AFC Bournemouth. A 3rd was an aging defender on the Watford Reserves. I offer him a chance at first team football again but he wants $7000/wk for it, so I can't do it. I looked for another loaner as well and just simply came up empty. Until Cook's short term loan ends, the team won't be changing again.

February Update

-- We've got 5 matches scheduled in February. February 25th will be a big one for us as we host Gillingham. Gillingham is in 3rd place right now, and they are the only team in the first half of the season that seemed to simply totally outclass us on the pitch.

-- Constantino is named the Young Player of the month in League 1. Our new midfielder Sam Cook is 2nd, Paulo is 3rd!! Sweep.

-- With 5 wins and only 1 loss in January I am named manager of the month.

-- The board is "absolutely delighted" with my leadership. Leading league 1 helps there, and James Chester... god damn him! We lose $11k last month, that's not bad.

February 4th, 2017

Woking (17-9-4, 1st) @ Rochdale(11-9-10, 11th)

We're slim favorites here, 5:4 to their 7:4 at their place. We have a long history with Rochdale, playing 8 times going back to the 13/14 season. We're 6-0-2 against them, winning 3:1 at home back in September.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Taylor/Marc/Ogogo
MC: Paulo/Cook
AM: Colin/N'Guessan
FC: Harsanyi/Constantino

Rochdale striker Will Buckley leads them with 11 goals. Joe Thompson and Kallum Higginbotham both have 7. We rotate Paulo back in at MC, and will be attacking today.

2': After some buildup down the right side, N'Guessan hits Cook who puts a perfect through ball to Harsanyi, he strikes it with his first touch from 15 yards out and should really score here, but puts it a bit wide... that was our first shot and was a clear cut chance.

4': They get forward and there's a pass to Buckley, their leading scorer, he immediately plays a through ball though and they end up with a shot from point blank range... in fact, too close, there was no way to avoid blastingthat right at Lynch.

6': Cook goes out wide, passes in to N'Guessan, a first touch through ball perfectly tracked down by Constantino, he shoots, and he isn't missing! 1-0 During the buildup for that goal Marc went down injured... he can stay in, we'll check on him after the match.

31': A long time between noteworthy highlights here. We've seen two shots from about 20 yards out from Constantino that both went quite high. Rochdale have 2 shots all match.

37': Cook with a nifty run by a defender to get into the area, a pass is played into the middle of the area, but they are able to clear it behind. We get a header from Taylor on the corner, its hit hard but is wide.

46': After very little buildup there's a shot from 30 yards out by Rochdale, Lynch has to dive to push it away. It falls to Buckley about 20 yards out, he shoots, Lynch was ready and dives again, this time pushing it behind. Off the corner there's a header, then the ball falls loose in the area, they manage a shot and Lynch dives again to make a save, we clear it away. The second shot in this little highlight by Buckley Lynch reacted to extremely well, the others probably looked better than they really were.

HALF: Whew, we preserve the lead going into the half. Rochdale ends up with 8 shots, 4 on target, 3 of them in that last flurry. We shoot 5 times, only putting 1 on target. Outside the one goal by Constantino things look very much even.

46': We'll start with a great pass from 40 yards out by Sam cook out left to Colin, its hard to describe, you'd have to see it, great great pass into an aggressive position down the left side. Colin controls and sends in a cross. Harsanyi is there but doesn't control it well. The ball squirts wide a little, Constantino is first to it, he flips a cross back into the center of the field, Cook is there about 15 yards out, he shoots and its by the keeper, into the right side of the net! 2-0

69': Wiggins in for Nikolaou, Alcock in for Ogogo, Zatara in for Colin. All three guys that need rest, Colin got hit earlier and has some fatigue issues.

81': Did i rest guys too early? There's a through ball into the right side of the area for MR Thompson, Wiggins just isn't quite there, Nikolaou gets it I'm sure... anyway, they get an easy shot out of it and Lynch is beaten for the first time today. 2-1

90': We're hanging back in defense to try to lock this down, they get a pass into the area but Vince Taylor clears it away with their attacker a step away from the ball.

We hang on here.

Rochdale 1 : 2 Woking

Man of the Match: Sam Cook (8.2)
Goals: Cook, Constantino (7.1)
Assists: N'Guessan (7.6) ... the other goal unassisted I guess. I really thought Constantino deserved it.
Notables: Marc (7.2)

Sam Cook picks up his 3rd man of the match award in his first 5 matches for Woking, the second one where his individual rating was significantly higher than anyone else. *pats self on back for bringing in Sam Cook*

-- Marc is fine, whew.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote