View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 02:39 AM   #487
Radii
Head Coach

-- A Crystal Palace winning streak puts them back in first place after our two draws, BUT, they have an extra match played and are just 2 points up.

-- Constantino's 2 goals in our last match broke the team record he set last year with 36 league goals. He's got 38 for us now and should end up with a lot more.

Februry 25th, 2017

Gillingham (16-14-4, 3rd) @ Woking (18-11-4, 2nd)

The bookmakers have this one really close, gillingham are 6:4 favorites, we're 13:8. We're 3 points ahead of the and their goal differential is actually better. We have 78 for/48 against for a +30, they have 61 scored/26 allowed for a +35. We're the two best in the league, we have the best offense, they have the best defense. They beat us 1:0 at their place and I remember feeling like it could have been a lot more and we could barely compete with them. I'm a little nervous about this one.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Chester/Marc/Ogogo
MC: Upson/Cook
AM: Colin/N'Guessan
FC: Subotic/Constantino

Gillingham has the #3 scorer in the league in Simeon Jackson. He has 28 goals which is incredible until you compare it to Constantino's 38. Paulo sits for Upson today. Nikolaou/Ogogo/N'Guessan are back in, and Chester starts for the injured Vince Taylor. Harsanyi is not available today. We will attack.

13': We have 3 shots, but only one has been shown in a highlight, a header way high... all are off target.

20': they intercept a ball as we try to build up the attack and counter, a couple passes lead to a run down the right side, there's a cross played in and Jackson runs onto it and puts a nice header by Lynch... 0-1

28': After a throwin a pass is played to Subotic about 20 yards out, he makes a defender miss and is into the area, he strikes a strong shot, but the keeper makes a reflex save and pushes it away, its cleared.

30': Cook goes down hurt... he can stay in but his fitness level is down, we'll see how he looks at the half.

45': Cook with a yellow.

HALF: This looks a lot like the first match. Gillingham just looks like a team that once they get a lead you are going to have a hell of a time scoring. We've generated some chances though, and at home I feel we have a chance to break through and get a goal here.... Cook probably can't go 90 minutes but he stays in for now. I'm worried about our chances without his speed.

58': We build up on offense but there isn't a whole lot there, Cook has it and is able to find a little space 20 yards out, its not an easy shot with two defenders on him, and his shot is just over.

67': they earn a corner and its a pretty scary one, Upson wins the header but can't head it out of the area... after that there are a total of 7 headers without the ball touching the ground or leaving the area, including one that hit the crossbar, we finally get it out though.

68': Cook with a tackle near midfield... oh damn, he's off. That's his second yellow. I bring Paulo in for Subotic, Constantino is alone up front.

70': Ogogo with a yellow.

81': Marc with a yellow.

85': We take out a defender (Ogogo) and bring in an extra midfielder (O'Sullivan) to try to generate an attack in the final minutes.

It doesn't work, Gillingham is hard enough to score on with 11 men, with 10 we had no chance.

Woking 0 : 1 Gillingham

Notables: Nikolaou (7.4), Upson (7.0)

They beat us 1:0 twice and both times it feels like it could have very easily been worse and that there's almost no way it could have been better.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote