Thread: DraftAnalyzer7
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 08:26 AM   #96
gstelmack
Pro Starter

FWIW, you're probably better off setting the position weight to 0 than making sure all the bars all the way to the left. That's probably something I need to put some error code in for: if all the bar weights are to the left, there's probably a division by 0 going on there, and that can mess everything up.

I add up all the bar values, then divide each bar by the total to find out what percentage each bar gives to the overall player value. So if all bars are 0, you are doing 0/0, which is crossing-the-streams bad.

I could set the minimums to 1, but then you would have no way to truly zero out a bar that doesn't matter, and I think that's important.

But that leaves you moving the long snapper bar over 1 tick, but since there is only one bar, it doesn't matter where you put it, that bar will be the player's bar rating no matter where you put it.

So the best way to say "I never want a long snapper in my draft list" is to set the LS position weight to something very small. That's a straight multiplier, so setting it to like 0.001 means all your long snappers will cluster around 0.