View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #255
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Earlier in the day you seemed so resolved to find a Blakekin. Your rightness strengthened your spirits. However, as the discussion drew near a conclusion, your conversations grew more hesitant as the weight of today’s task laid bare the awful truth of your impending decision.

Today, you are going to cast one of your number into the flames. You knew from the previous incident that the Blakekin can be found this way. Jerome Blake died in a fire, so his weakness is fire. The possessed among you fear it.

Lots are cast and the decision is done. Dale Erskind has been chosen to feed the flames. His eyes, usually so sure of himself, are suddenly filled with a frenetic fear.

“No, come on, guys, no.”

But the group stares at Dale. Some meet his gaze, and others stare past at the fire. So mesmerizing.

“Seriously, no”

Your decision is made.

“But I only got 7 votes, I didn’t even get half. You can’t kill me when most of you thought I wasn’s possessed.”

One of you responds, “We agreed that whoever got a majority of votes would be tossed.”

“Actually, no, we agreed that whoever got the most votes would be voted out. This is a plurality, not a majority,“ someone corrects.

The group begins discussion the issue with Dale sees an opportunity and inches towards the door. A decision is made just as he darts for the door, but he is caught by 17 pairs of hands. “If I were possessed, I’d KNOW it you idiots. Put me down! Put me down or you will be sorry.”

Driven by a group will, almost a panic, you hitch up Dale’s body and toss him into the furnace. His screams of pain last just a few seconds, but will haunt your dreams. As he dies, a red light, not of the fire begins to envelop the body, and then dissipates. This was wholly unnatural. This was the sign…

Of a Blakekin!

Danny was Dale Erskind, the Unknown. He was Blakekin but believed himself to be a vanilla villager.

Chapter 2 has begun and will end and process at 1:30 am.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-20-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote