View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 05:44 AM   #287
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
There's your day 1 wolf lynch, JAG

Yeah, I did chuckle to myself considering my question earlier in the day and the evening result.

I took a look back at the D1 voting and found this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Pass - 2 (clap 111, hoops 122)
JAG - 2 (Jets 121, Lathum 134)
lerriuqs - 2 (ntn 159, Jackal 161)
Danny - 2 (nfg 171, path 172)
JetsIn06 - 1 (JAG 107)
EF - 1 (PB 135)
Lathum - 1 (Pass 138)

no vote: danny, EF, lerriuqs, TheNorm, MartinD, Schmidty, henry

Danny had no votes as of post 161 with a few people having 2 votes and a few having 1, when nfg and path both voted for him in quick succession. I'm not an experienced player, but that seems like it'd be a pretty unusual move for wolves to make when there are likely a number of other villagers (by probability and knowing my own allegiance) to vote for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
What is Pass was also a wolf. Then it would make much more sense to get rid of Danny than risking the tie breaker taking out a known quantity and still allowing the unknown to potentially hurt the wolve's chances. It would also be a good way to hope to earn a spot in the CoT.

Not saying that you [Lathum] are a wolf, just saying that I don't think that your Danny vote is a slam dunk for CoT.

Your hypothetical doesn't look too strong when you look at the earlier voting. When it was 4-3-3-3 Danny-Pass-JAG-lerriuqs, Lathum took a vote off me to vote for Pass, establishing Pass as a candidate with Danny while making me less of one. That combined with killing Danny and that I know I'm a villager puts Lathum at the top of my trust list. I know Lathum's a very good wolf, but to make Pass more of a candidate assuming he's a wolf when there was at least one other villager to vote for seems awfully unlikely, especially in a game where there is no cunning (for MartinD). From post 3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
No way to scan as anything other than what you are - Neutral, High School, Blakekin - Nobody scans as something they are not.

Anyway, at this point I don't have great insight as to who to vote for, but I have some good ideas who I'm not voting for.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote