View Single Post
Old 09-02-2022, 04:15 PM   #37
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Barring anything coming up in the last week of the year, here's what I've done for player changes:

- Fired Aukstinaitis to bring in McVicker, as I posted above.
- Fired Prisha to try to get Biersteeker. Didn't succeed.
- The top-ranked manager in this world, MarkGregory, fired one of his players who was approaching his prime. Would have been a good pickup as a quality trainer candidate who would get there faster than Christensen. Someone else hired them while I was asleep. Them's the breaks.
- Rehired Prisha. Only slightly the worse for wear.
- Finally, just recently, fired Thomas Christensen after 2+ years of training him to bring in Belgian Timmy Tilleman. Out with Tom, in with Tim. Another manager had Tilleman for a handful of weeks, then fired him.

Aging Factor: 96%
Talent: 4.2
Mentality: 3.1
Peak Endurance: 4.3ish
Peak Strength: 3.0-3.1
Peak Speed: 3.7ish

This one was a judgement call; I decided Tilleman was good enough to make the switch, but it wasn't by that much. Significantly better endurance than Christensen makes me think he's a better trainer candidate in the long-term. Somewhat lower athleticism, and didn't get as good/early of a start. Identical aging factor, and mentality is better.

Overall I think he's a marginal improvement, but still definitely an improvement even if it means a couple of years effort in Christensen cast aside. It's becoming gradually less common overall, but I'm still looking for ways to upgrade the roster of players. Even I'm confused by this, but there'll be a rundown soon at the end of the year that will include my current roster as usual.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-02-2022 at 04:24 PM.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote