View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 06:22 AM   #39
QuikSand
lolzcat

2011 Offseason

Okay, we head into a new season looking to make some “impact” additions. I don’t really know what we ought to do at QB, though I feel like we let that option really slip away last year. (Though Quinn Hall, currently rated 22/62, is angry sitting on the bench for Warren’s Corners after they traded up to select him at 1.2)

Basically, we sit at picks 1.2 and 1.8 this year – again very much in position to make a serious and immediate impact on the team. Where do I feel like we still have starting lineup slots basically up for grabs? Not that many.

OFFENSE -- QB is unsettled. I like our RBs, but we’re not getting a lot of production, and adding a top-tier guy could change everything. Tight end is unsettled, on a team nominally designed to use the TE a lot, we’re getting very little production from ours. WR is an area where we are subpar, but I don’t feel like it’s a top priority, exactly.

DEFENSE – We may stand to gain one more pass rushing DE. At LB, we have some creepers, but would benefit from a stud addition. At safety, a ready-to-go player could give us a boost over some of the creeper types who figure to start as of now.

Curiously, the top draft pick from last year, CB Jerald Quinones, is back in this draft, after Tonawanda couldn’t get him signed. I didn’t see if there was a cap problem there – I resume there was. A few other throwbacks in here, too – kinda disappointing to see.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote