View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 09:29 AM   #114
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
I wouldn't go that far. Just messin' around right then. My post before that expresses my true feelings. I think that decision should get made based largely on how things look early on with the FBs/WRs that we are eyeing in recruiting.

(Ok, slipping into my actual role now)

Given the pressing needs at 3+ other positions (I think CB, DT, and G are critical) it certainly would be easier to just not recruit one more position.

So (as a scout) I'm inclined to say, lets scrap the FB so we can go after more immediate needs. That would probably be the best move for year 2 success.

However, we all want to be in this for the long haul. I think we can afford to make a better long-term decision even if it makes this season's recruiting more of a balancing act.

Also, I'm not averse to giving out more scholarships than I usually would in a single year. We have a lot of needs for next year.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote