View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #894
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

World Series Preview

Hack Jobb smiles as the camera zooms in, "Finally, we are going to take a look at the offenses of the two league champions, and to help me with that we have Gil Hodges. Gil, on the surface the better offense seems pretty obvious, but is it?"

Gil nods as he replys, "Well, it is pretty hard to argue with a team that has one 50 Homerun guy, three 40 homerun guys, and 3 or 4 more 20 home run guys...not to mention players like Mike Schimidt who only hit 14 but did it in just over 150 ABs...When a team has that kind of fire power it is awfully difficult to beat."

"Just ask the FOFCers about that," Jobb chimes in.

"Exactly, The FOFCers had a good offense. In some ways very reminicient of the Negro League team, with power, average, speed...but launching bomb after bomb the way the Posters can, just make it so tough to beat them."

"Your really think the FOFC Offense was similar to the Negro Leaguers?"

"Oh sure, and I think if you look at it closely the numbers will bear that out. The Negro Leaguers have a bunch of guys that can hit. Cool Papa Bell is a terrific table setter, and while Gibson was disappointed with his season, for a catcher it was extremely good. Charleston is tough, so is Leonard and Torriente. Also, if you look at the middle infield, most teams would kill to get the production the Negro Leaguers got from DiHigo and Lloyd, but when you compare the NL Posts, it isn't close. The one wildcard I'll give the Negro Leaguers offensively is speed. Almost everyone on that team can scoot...and if they get on base enough, they could make things happen, force the issue, maybe force the Posters to make a few mistakes, and they might be able to steal the series..."

"Do you think they will steal the series," Jobb asks?

"No, I don't. I think the Post Nationals are too strong, and I think they'll win in 5."

"Your prediction, is very similar to our other guests so far. Kaat said NL Posts in 6, Evans said in 5, and Dick Allen told me to go screw myself, but in a much more vulgar way..."

"We hope you enjoy the series..."
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote