View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 06:14 PM   #28
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Utah is a possibility; BYU is not. It would take a monumental shift in conference priorities and attitudes before BYU would be considered for the conference - it's far more likely the Pac-10 will attempt to pry Colorado away from the Big-12 and grab Utah as the 12th team.

Because BYU is a religious school? Or because it would put the conference in only one new (and not large TV market)? I'm familiar with the old arguments. It's why they haven't expanded yet in the past. My suggestion is that were the Big Ten to do this, there would be new pressure on the Pac 10 to adapt--and that means the old rules might be in for some adjusting.

So I'm not so ready to throw out BYU as a potential candidate. I'm not sure how much the old landscape would still be applicable.

I do think Colorado is a possibility, except it's not going to be easy to do that. Competively, Colorado might be for that, but on the books, they may not. With Utah and Colorado, the Pac 10 could negotiate better bowl and TV deals--but they need the better bowl and TV deals to lure Colorado from the Bid 12. Catch 22.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote