View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 04:10 PM   #84
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Assault rifle is a glorified name for a military looking hunting rifle. Hell, even if we banned AR-15's, that would force him to use shotguns....

In any event, it's illegal to kill people, what makes you think people will obey gun laws? And what kinds of punishment would you hand out differently if they were legal or not? The only thing that I see happening with strict gun laws is normal citizens are going to be defenseless. I hate to say it, but murder or attempted murder with guns should hold the same weight. You fire a gun at a human being and you are done playing the game of free citizen. Pinning these horrific crimes on white GOP southerners attached to the NRA is just a no-gain political stunt.

Good points that I admit are things to consider. I think we might eventually have to consider some type of deterrence to mass murder or murder with guns other than just plain old lethal injection. A life of hard labor in a coal mine or in the future life if hard labor on an asteroid in space just brain storming death by acid bath. As violent as American culture has gotten it would have to be a pretty horrific death to deter people. But then we come back to people who would never allow that and also there is no way to deter crazy.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote