View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 07:18 PM   #2
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

So here's where the week starts. I've got the shell of the play editor done. I can design offensive and defensive plays, but that's about it. No save/loading, and the real-time engine doesn't run them yet. (because it isn't written yet!)

This time around I'm going to make the play editor first, and then build out the real-time engine from this screen. This strategy will allow me to develop/test very specific things in the engine without having anything else to worry about. If I want to test 5-wide QB pass progressions, I just put a 5-wide play together and run it against a bunch of different defenses. If I want to run bubble screens against an all-out blitz, just draw it up and run it. Don't even need to have any playbook logic done! Heck, I don't even need the final list of player rating. I just need the ratings for what I'm testing.

I'm also looking into a new interface style. I have a couple ideas, but I'm not ready to commit yet. That's why the interface is still Unity default.

Hopefully, progress on this feature is fast and furious. I want to have it up and running by the end of next week. (including the ability to run plays from this screen) After that, the focus will be on getting the real-time engine/AI completed so the list of players ratings can be finalized. That's where the fun part is.