View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 05:14 PM   #402
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The third one is carved from a single great emerald and a handsome male. His hands rest on the hilt of a great sword, and he activates as well:

“Greeting children. I who am the image of Lord Eork the Beautiful, Lord of Seven Darks, Duke of Higher Hells, Chief Among the Lords of Chaos, do seek a sacrifice from thee, my loving followers. Give unto me what I ask and receive power most glorious. In return for a soul, and receive a most wondrous gift. “

Again, Alzar is not exactly sure that’s something he wants or is able to give.

The fourth statue is a single deep-blue sapphire and a very beautiful women, around 8 feet tall. She animates,

“Greeting beloved. I am the image of Kara the travels, Mistress of the Eternal Cycle, Lady of the Dark Magics, My power is that of life itself, All who live are my playthings and subjects to do with as I will, for without me, they would not exist. No life has meaning unless it is devoted to my service. I would bestow upon thee my favors, if thou shall prove thy devotion. In return for human life, I will give thee a key of great power.”

Alzar definitely doesn’t want to pay that price. As he moves to leave, the statue cries to him:

“By the very nature of my maker, Kara, I cannot be made to serve chaos. But am free to choose my actions. Should you be able to turn ,me to flesh without the gift, and allow me to accompany you here, I will give you my gift.”

After conversing with the statue for a while, Alzar is convinced of its sincerity for now, and casts Stone to Flesh on it.

Kara, the Traveler:

AC -3, MV18, fly, swim 15, HD 10, 70 HP, THAc0 - 11., deals 2d10 damage from punch. Can cast any commonly known enchantment/charm spell, but it affects her as well. Can cast Magic Missile for 5d4+5 5x daily.

She stays within 30 feet of Alzar and begins to show him around.

They head into the alcove she was protecting…

There is an Iron Golem in here, with a large amulet around his hand. She tells Alzar that he can take her gift as a mage. He takes it and is truly staggered at its value:

Amulet of Power - Detect Magic, Read Magic at will; Fireball (12 HD) 1/day; Teleport w/o Error 1/week; gives the wearer 50% Magic Resistance. Any non-wizard donning it is feebleminded.

That is not a typo. 50% magic resistance is just staggeringly good.

She tells him about the gifts of the other two status they passed - a Cloak of Shadows that can only be worn by clerics, and a powerful anti-law sword that can only be held by fighters .

They will remove some wisdom and intelligence for the Cloak and remove your ability to ever be resurrected for the sword. Hmmm…

So no chance of taking out a statue in melee an moving in? Sure, you could. They are all as powerful as her. But let’s move on for now.

The statue at the end of the hallway blocks it off.

It’s the most fearsome looking of the five.. Single black diamond used to carve it. Ten foot long scythe, non-gendered beast. This was does not speak, but simply moves to attack Alzar.

Arkady the Reaper:

AC 02, 90 hp, Thaco- 1, deals 2d6+6 with three attacks, immune to non-magical weapons. And lots of other stuff. 50% magic resistance.

With its triple attacks, and hugely powerful chance of hitting, it’s just going to care up it’s target.

Round 1:

Alzar’s side rolls a 4, and his a 7.

Kara uses one of her Missiles - 2 get through the MR for 6 damage. Alzar casts Bone Block. The Golem intervenes, and it attacks the golem. It hits three times for 9+10+7 damage.

Golem 61/97 hp

Arkady wins init and deals 38 damage to the golem. Alzar’s axe is out and attacks. He steps in front of the Golem to take some attacks. He hits twice for 18 and 17 damage - 35 total, and it takes 11 from missiles.

Golem 24/97

Arkady 38/90

Alzar grabs initiative back and kills Arkady.

10000 XP

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote