View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 07:20 PM   #407
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After Alzar returns to the dwarf village, the dwarves are beginning to return themselves from where they fled. Alzar took out more than 75 undead in the shrine, and that included a lot of powerful ones, like Wights, Juju Zombies, Wraiths and Ghouls, not simple skeletons or zombies, so he gets why the dwarves were hit. Apparently the illusionist/cleric led them and was raining destruction down on the dwarves. And they still managed to kill some baddies before fleeing. Alzar brings them warm news.

However, after they fled from their town for a week or so, their defenses were attacked and badly damaged by nearby goblinoid creatures that struck at a time of weakness to take advantage and destroyed senses and buildings even more.

Fearing future attacks, and without their defenses to help them fend them off, they are likely to be taken down. There is discussion about the whole community moving wholesale to somewhere else as well.

The leader comes to Alzar and tells him of a Hammer, an old artifact that was lost a few decades ago into the depths of Thunderdelve Mountain. If Alzar could find it and return it to them they would not only have a fighting chance in defense, but they believe that the evil denizens would likely skip attacking altogether after news got out of its return.

Begin XS2 Thunderdelve Mountain

I was intending to skip this one, but it slides in nicely to where we are. Alzar is keeping Aleph in the Warp Marble until he can get home and get it healed, barring an emergency of some sort. This is one of the last truly solo adventures, and I have no idea what’ll happen. In the module, you are playing a dwarf, so I swapped Alzar in, and I’ll increase the difficulty of combats to match where he is. That’s it.

Alzar is questing for the Hammer of Vitroin

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote