View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #157
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Today was a very, very good day for us getting two aliens in a runoff against each other. It has been quite awhile since I've seen that happen before.

Saldana, just to address one of your comments - happy to talk about each of them if you would like me to respond that way - this is my first small game. So while I'm pretty familiar with the end-game scenarios, I'm not at all used to calling for them on Day 2. And from the games I've read I have not seen an instance where another player has followed this line of thought. So if you want to think I was playing dumb about end-game logic, so be it. But it is pretty common practice to call someone out for "forcing reveals" before their time in Werewolf.

And I didn't want to have to make a premature reveal on the bodyguard because I put out arguments that didn't resonate with my crewmates. I was all for doing it if it was advancing our cause of winning - such as protecting the seer tonight or clearly identifying someone usurping my role. Those are good reasons to reveal - revealing because you lost the crowd as a good guy is a defensive, low value maneuver.

i think you misunderstand my position right now....if you go back and look at the last part of my post, you will see that i am actually leaning toward beleiving you tomorrow...i think you wold have done the exact opposite with a first timer as a teammate...itc has only a few games to draw off for strategy...one of which was a very successful UTR run as a wolf...it makes sense to me therefore that he would lead Sami to do the same...i think you would have pushed him to be out and about
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote