View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #23
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelsVT View Post
What stops someone from offering 200mil to all the top players for multi year deals during FA2 and staying over the cap for years while they don't have to renegotiate and bring in the championships?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Well, they have to be under the cap that first year, and given that bonus outweighs salary, they can't do that with low-bonus high-salary deals (others would beat them on negotiations).

But as Ben said, it's worth watching. Worst case is we fix it in a month or two, no waiting a year for 3 seasons to go by or anything...

Greg is right. The only way to put yourself in this situation in a major way is a bunch of somewhat-backloaded deals (or a small handful of *huge* ones.) Either way, you're signing guys who aren't on anyone's "A" list, so to speak. A bit of supporting evidence for that is that as far over the cap as MN is, they're 14th in both in-game and my roster ratings, which is near the bottom of the human-run teams. Like I said at first, I suspect it's not overpowered at all, and in fact is probably a bad strategy...