View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 06:09 PM   #1
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Where did they come from? Where are they going? A TCY/FOF dynasty

Every time we play FOF, we go through the draft, a time of excitement, like unwrapping Christmas presents. What kind of players will be available? Will that strong DT drop to the 4th pick? Which ones will boom and which ones will bust? We don't often think about the history that lies behind each pick, and that's what this dynasty will trace. I will be following a single NFL draft class for one team, the Jacksonville Jaguars of 2009, and using TCY I will go back and follow all 7 of these players from their recruitment, through their playing days, and to the draft. I won't tell you in what round each was picked, part of the fun will be trying to figure that out. Once we've reached the draft I'll continue in FOF and see if these players have a future as well as a past.

2004 Season

Years may overlap since some players redshirted and others did not Also, to avoid having to save games for each week, I saved the recruiting years after weeks 6 and 10, as well as the end of the season, so there may be more recruitment details for some players than others.

Julio Douthit, 6'0" 180 lbs WR - Wilson H.S., Long Beach, CA

Julio is a top WR and is fielding calls from teams all over the country. He is ranked as the 32th best receiver in the country and the 4th best in California. His overall rank is #432 in the nation. He had an impressive year, in 9 games recording 56 catches for 1533 yards and 9 TDs, earning him All-State honors. He's a decent student and is interested in Kinesiology. His high school has low marks for athletic prep, but my very good scout marks him 83/100. By week 6 he has received scholarship offers from UCLA and Temple and is visiting UCLA. By week 10, to no one's surprise, he has committed to UCLA.

Mike Bradford, 6'1" 186 lbs QB - JW Sexton High, Lansing MI

One of the top recruits in the country, Mike is the 27th ranked quarterback in the land and the best in Michigan. His overall rank is #167. Mike is a dual threat QB who can air it out but loves to run. So far in 7 games he is 145-227 for 2468 yards, with 14 TDs and 4 INT. This is in addition to almost 1000 yards rushing and 7 rushing scores. An amazing athlete, he is being recruited by several schools and has already received scholarship offers from Iowa and Michigan State. By week 10, Bradford has made the easy decision to stay home and attend Michigan State.

John Barber, 6'5" 297 lbs OG - Pottsville Area High, Pottsville, PA

Barber is a blue-chip recruit, ranked #11 in the country, and the second best OG. He already has the dominant size to become one of the best big men in the country in college. He doesn't have much of a recruitment process, everyone is interested in him, but he idolizes Penn State and so that is where he quickly signs.

Terrell Washington, 5'10" 195 lbs OLB - Lin-Wood High, Lincoln, NH

Terrell is another top recruit like the other two players, the 21st ranked OLB in the country, and #368 overall. Our terrific scout puts him at 76/100 right now, and he's attracting major interest from the big schools. He has All-State honors this year. He can do it all on defense, in 9 games he has 93 tackles, 6 sacks, and 5 interceptions. So far he has received scholarship offers from Arizona State, Colorado, Florida, Mississippi, Oregon, Pitt, TCU, Utah, and Washington State. Quite the list to select from! Terrell surprises a lot of people when he commits to Utah.

Jeff Hammond, 6'2" 253 lbs OT - Thornton Township, Harvey, IL

Jeff is drawing a lot of attention as an athletic tackle whose strength is run blocking. He's the 38th best OT in the country and #353 overall, and is on the All-State team. Jeff is a good student and is adamant about attending a school with strong academic credentials. So far has has scholarship offers from Illinois, Northern Illinois, Utah and Northwestern, and is visiting Northwestern. Only 17 miles from his home and with a stellar academic rep, Northwestern seems to have the inside track. Hammond signs with Northwestern as expected.

Clifton Freestone, 6'0" 219 lbs DE - Morse High, San Diego, CA

Clifton has been dominant at DE this year, terrifying opposing quarterbacks and earning quite a reputation for himself. He is the 9th ranked DE in the country and #88 overall. This year he recorded 79 tackles, 18 sacks, and 2 interceptions. Clifton apparently had his chosen school in mind from the beginning, and signed papers with UCLA early on, where he will be teammates with Julio Douthit.

Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote