View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 05:54 AM   #11
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I believe the number of cases would be considerably higher if we had the true figures in China, but I don't believe the mortality rate would be much higher.

There is an article floating out there where Tencent had posted higher infections and deaths before lowering them match up with the official tally. Agree that it is probably higher and that mortality rate probably won't go up that much higher (unless there is a massive cover-up which I guess is possible).

Another article on folks quarantined on cruise ships. Assuming they are actually stuck in their rooms vs going down the waterslides and enjoying a nice seafood buffet ... must suck.

I am also surprised that China markets are going back up after their 8% decline on Mon. I can understand the US markets' stability/rise because it hasn't really hit us and/or we are more confident in being able to meet the challenge if it does come over, but China's industries must really be hit right now. I did read that Chinese government is spending or allocating $180B or stabilize the market (but that number sounds small to me).

Last edited by Edward64 : 02-06-2020 at 06:38 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote