View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #297
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
You guys were a lot of help and so, as we're a bit more than 3 weeks out, I thought I would share the itinerary we've set up. I've quickly come to find over the last few weeks that I'm the only thrill rider of the group (so I'll be boarding Everest and Tower of Terror as a solo). My wife gets motion sick and even did so watching some of the first-person POV videos of the rides and my 5 year old isn't a big risk-taker.

My only other trip to Disney was 13 years ago with a long term girlfriend who was a thrill-rider so this'll be a new experience. I'm guessing lots of people watching and landscape admiring.

Arrive August 5th @ 10 am-
Animal Kingdom w/ fast pass Kali Rapids and Safari
Dinner at Boma

August 6th-
Magic Kingdom w/ fast pass Buzz Lightyear, Tomorrowland Speedway, Mine Train (a risk)
Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

August 7th-
Epcot w/ fast pass Test Track, The Seas, Turtle Talk
Lunch at Biergarten
Dinner at Garden Grill (characters)

August 8th-
Hollywood Studios w/ fast pass Toy Story, Muppet Vision, Star Tours
Lunch at Sci-Fi Drive-In
Dinner at O'hana

August 9th-
Magic Kingdom w/ fast pass Buzz, Pirates and Haunted Mansion
Dinner at Be Our Guest

August 10th-
Animal Kingdom w/ fast pass Safari, Rapids and Dinosaur (BIG risk)
Dinner at Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom (characters)

August 11th (departure day)
Breakfast at O'hana (characters)
Hollywood Studios w/ fast pass for Star Tours
Fly out

My wife and kids are interested in a parade and fireworks show as well, recommendations?

Your wife will definitely need to skip Star Tours if she gets motion sick. The whole seating area shakes and bounces. I've been on barf-filled 'tours'. Likewise the 7 Ds ride. It is short duration, but swings around a lot.

EPCOT--If by 'The Seas' you mean the Finding Nemo ride, you don't need a FP for that. You can walk on, easy. You will need a FP for Soarin' which isn't really a motion issue, IMO.

Also, between 3 and 5PM you WILL be in a thunderstorm. Guaranteed. Every day. Plan to take in a show like the LION KING or NEMO for that time of day when you are in the Animal Kingdom.

The new parade in the MK is really solid--Frozen characters, Brave float is terrific, all the traditional ones and a fire breathing dragon that I can't remember my daughter's explanation of. But it is great.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote