View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 01:02 PM   #26
OldSchool
High School Varsity

Personally I want information, not control. Since I view this primarily as a GM sim, I'd be fine with letting the coordinators handle everything but putting the roster together and setting the depth chart. However, I do want more information so that I can use that to put together the best team possible.

I think the crux of this is, there needs to be some way for me to infer, if I'm paying enough attention, when someone is playing better than their ratings on the field, and help to diagnose why things went wrong or right. To this end some minor things like player notes and a graph showing your scouts opinion of the player over time could be very useful.

There are some issues with defensive control which I'm sure you'll be addressing whatever you come up with. My main issue there is the way the Nickel/Dime/Goalline are presented as subsets of the 4-3 and 3-4, when they are really separate formations. The whole concept of "4-3 with nickel personnel" makes no sense to me other than as a programming construct, but I don't think you'd ever hear a coach/announcer saying that unless they meant they had a DB substituting for a LB and they were indeed sticking with a flat 4-3, just with an undersized linebacker.
OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote