View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 10:17 PM   #815
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
After reading what happened in the last room for the other team, I'm not sure why it was a tie. We took two actions to get through the room, and it looked like the Wangs took at least 2 or 3 more than that. Given that we were tied going into that room, I guess I just don't get the mechanics of how much time what people were doing in the room. We were constantly splitting up in rooms where there were multiple actions to save time, but the outcome suggests that it didn't matter.

I'm also a bit surprised that we were behind in fame as well by the end.

I wonder if I should even bother to post this since I don't want to seem like it's just sour grapes, or that I'm knocking all of the hard work you put into running this. I hope you don't take it as such because it is certainly not meant to be like that.

The last room was hard to judge time on. It seemed like by the end of the game, a few people had checked out. It was tough for teams to get their actions together and form consensus because no one wanted to make a unilateral decision, but some people weren't checking in as much as necessary to get a real team decision by deadline.

And I wasn't as available during the day the last couple of days as well to answer questions or process the sub-actions on that last room.

So I let a couple of missed deadlines slide (for both teams) and gave both teams the benefit of the doubt on their actions in that final room. In other words, if Big Wang didn't explicitly state that their people's actions were overlapping, I let them overlap. I didn't want them to be penalized time-wise because they didn't phrase their actions like "Darth checks painting WHILE Autumn checks chest for traps."

I just assumed that is what their characters would do to maximize their time to get through.

In my view the actions to get through the room were similar. No one got stumped. You both took 3 turns to pick the lock. You guys had the additional actions of the Elf's wish spell and you cast 2 spells. They had additional actions of checking the chest for traps and knocking the gem into the water. In my mind, the time was approximately equal. Earlier in the game, I was much more explicit on time, but this room was more of a puzzle and required a different approach.

In my judgement, you both solved the room in a comparable amount of time, so I didn't add time to either of you.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote