View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It's going to be another wide-open year ESPECIALLY in the AL. There's no definitive favorite in the AL East. Memphis and Cleveland probably have the best chances, but New York could sneak in depending on how the ping-pong balls drop.

Not sure how bad PUNX will be this first year out. Frankly, for an implosion job, I managed to get back a decent haul of talent and so we won't be horrible. But I think we'd be short of contending. Still, the East is wide open enough that it's not implausible.

In the AL West, anything could happen. You have to figure that Chicago and Winnemucca start off as the early favorites, but Grand Rapids will be right in there. Rio Grande has gotten off to decent starts the past few years but can't seem to finish.

In the NL East, the two-time defending champs will be fighting off the return of Columbus and a resurgent Washington Grays team en route to their 3rd straight title. Brooklyn got better, too.

In the NL West, Lake Tahoe might finally be back for the first time since switching leagues. Los Angeles will be lurking again and Wyoming probably had one of the best off-seasons of anyone. Portland will be in the mix, but will likely fall short.

So yeah, that's just me eyeballing it all. Should be an interesting start to the year for sure.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote