View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 10:07 PM   #470
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

(Yes I have Grand Hunt and the right rank)

As you stare upwards at the monstrous spire, you detect waves of pure evil radiating from its ice-sheathed surfaces. They seem to wax and wane in time with the crimson light pulsing from its tip. Your improved mastery also detects dangerously high concentrations of light in the ultraviolet spectrum. So strong is this light that it physically sickens you, yet you find it hard to look away; you are both fascinated and repulsed by it.

Suddenly you realize what it is that you are seeing and feeling: it is the evil power of Deathlord Ixiataaga himself. He is present here, somewhere inside this dread spire.

(Yes I have Kai-Screen)

You raise your psychic defences to protect yourself from the debilitating effect of the evil which is radiating from the Crystal Spire. Yet, even so, you do not escape some discomfort and pain: lose 2 ENDURANCE points.

Your fascination with the power of the Crystal Spire has distracted you from a more imminent danger. From a narrow passageway to your left appear three creatures draped in mouldering black robes. They see you and give vent to a chorus of high-pitched shrieks of alarm. You spin on your heel to face them, fearful that their hideous cries will bring all of Xaagon down upon your head.

(I can use a bow, or use KS instead – my EP is a bit low, so I’m using the bow)

You unshoulder your Bow and let fly an Arrow at the nearest robed creature. The shaft arcs through the snowy sky and hits the target but, to your dismay, it passes clean through and splinters harmlessly against a distant wall.

The target creature utters a sound that resembles a mocking laugh. From a pocket of its tattered robe it draws a silvery rod and levels it at your head while its ghoulish companions circle around in an attempt to get behind you. Reflexively you dive for cover, avoiding certain decapitation as a searing bolt of energy surges from the tip of the rod. It passes within inches of your back before impacting against a pillar of crystal, the resultant explosion peppering you with splinters: lose 2 ENDURANCE points.

You scramble to your feet and run but your escape is thwarted by the creature’s two companions. They block your path and you are forced to take on all three of them in a desperate hand-to-hand fight.

3 Cabalah: COMBAT SKILL 53 ENDURANCE 54

These undead creatures are immune to Mindblast, Psi-surge, and Kai-surge.

(Now this is a fight. And if I win with the Sommerswerd, well, bad things’ll happen. I should have brought Helshezag with me. Ah well

Without KS and the Sommerswerd, well, I’m at….-6 CS. However, if I want, I can evade after four rounds. I took 4 damage in those passages, and there were 7 sections, so I gained 3. I am at 37/50. So here we go.

Round #1 – I toss a 6. They lose 6, I lose 4
Round #2 – 5 – They lose 5, I lose 4
Round #3 – 8 – They lose 7, I lose 3
Round #4 – 3 – They lose 3, I lose 5

I am at 21/50 they are 33
Now I can flee any time
I evade

I toss a 5 and take another 4

17/50)

You dive over a low wall and roll across a mound of ancient rubble in order to break free from the fight. As you spring to your feet and sprint away, you draw on your Magnakai skills of camouflage and psychic defence to increase your chances of a successful escape. It is a wise move; the Cabalah give chase but they soon lose your trail as you make your way deeper into the ruins of Xaagon.

Soon you stumble upon a ruined watchtower where you stop to rest awhile and get your bearings. Through a hole in the tower’s dull, glassy wall, you can see the wide stone ramp which services the archway entrance of the great Crystal Spire. Hidden from sight, you observe the traffic of undead warriors passing through this grand archway. The low hum that you detected earlier is much louder here, almost painfully so. Its concussive vibration is so strong that it leaves ripples in the snow.

You crane your neck to look at the uppermost tip of the spire, and you shiver with dread when you detect the unmistakable presence of the Deathlord. His cloying aura of evil makes you break out in a cold sweat, but you fight back this fear and resolve to gain entry to the Crystal Spire; you are determined to defeat him. Patiently you wait, crouched in the rubble of the ruined watchtower, observing his undead slaves come and go. During this time, unless you possess the Discipline of Grand Huntmastery, you must eat a Meal or lose 3 ENDURANCE points

An hour passes before the arched entrance becomes devoid of undead slaves. Steeling yourself for the awesome task ahead, you slip away from the ruins of the watchtower and hurry up the ramp towards the open, empty archway.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 08-04-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote