View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #154
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The way to survive Victory Road in any game, to my mind, is to head in, get a few of the early Pokies you run into you don’t already have then use Max Repel to keep away the powerful pokies while you explore to find all of the cool items and fight all of the trainers. You can always go back to grab any pokies you missed or to level up later, but you don’t want to run into too many problems fighting the wild ones. I have three new dudes so it’s time to Repel away.

Trainer #2 – Thundurus vs Stoutland. Lv 41 for Auto. Victini vs Scolipede. 5400. I have to use antidote and healing pots after wards.
Trainer #3 – Victini vs Beheeyen. (EA evolved Elygem). Switch to Cobalion. It gets a crit Psychic vs Cobalion and I send out Automaton. It gets a crit Shadow Ball vs Automaton and takes it out – two crits in a row, ouch. Go again Victini. Smaug vs Heatmor. Vs Lilligant. 7200.

I decide to leave rather than waste more pots and revives and such. On my way out, I run into one of those swirling dust clouds and hit a new Pokemon, Excadrill, the evolved version of Drilbur. I switch to Thundy. It uses Earthquake and failed. I forgot I can’t use Thunder Wave, it’s ground. So I Heal Block it. Ah, screw it, let’s just try a Dusk Ball right now. It works!

Excadrill
Level 37
Named Moleman
Ground/Steel
Male

It gained steel! Nice.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-17-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote