View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #351
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I don't think that has anything to do with it. If the pick ends up like 8th or the Cavs get lucky & its top 3 should the expectations be the same? Now, how good do they have to be to make the Kyrie trade not look like highway robbery is an interesting question.

PS thanks for reminding me that technically now the Celtics got Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, Kyrie, and the LaKings pick in that Nets deal. If the Lakers pick conveys & we get one of those bigs this year goodness gracious that deal just gets more absurd.

It shouldn't make a difference, but that generally is not the way fans look at these things. First, if the "Brooklyn Pick" does end up being the eighth pick, that could be seen as a disappointment in and of itself if the hope was a top three pick. The "Brooklyn Pick" represents the only good thing to come directly from the Kyrie Irving trade from the Cavs point of view. The Cavs chose the "Brooklyn Pick" instead of moving that pick for something at the trade deadline. Finally, the "Brooklyn Pick" will be a key piece in the Cavs quest for a title if Lebron stays or the key piece in the rebuild moving forward if Lebron leaves.

At some point, the "Brooklyn Pick" will be replaced by a actual player. It will be interesting to see what the expectations will be for the actual player after he is drafted.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote