View Single Post
Old 05-14-2014, 10:16 PM   #376
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

European Golden Boot

-- Manchester United's Yaya Sanogo wins the European Golden Boot with 30 goals. Rogelio Robles from Valencia finishes second and Thomas Franke from AS Saint-Etienne is in third.

Future Transfers OUT

-- Long time reserve midfielder Steve Ingram agrees to a contract with Bristol Rovers and will be departing our club on July 1st. We weren’t extending him and we’ll wish him well at the beginning of next month.

-- DC Emmanuel Agbo will also be leaving after a long tenure at our club. He’ll be heading to Chesterfield on July 1st.

Preseason Friendlies

-- Offers start coming in for preseason friendlies and I accept an offer from Ipswich but decline one from fellow Championship side West Brom.

Injury Update

-- Emmerson Harvey suffers a fractured wrist while playing for England’s U21 team and will miss a month. Not good news, as we have very little depth at central midfield right now. Striker Paul Moses scored a hat trick in that game for England, by the way.

Transfer Talk

-- Man United continue to sniff around our central defenders. Only a year after taking Cristian Rodriguez away from us, they offer £11,250,000 for Rayane Hamon. Hamon is going nowhere - he’s our best defender right now.

-- And in the “You’ve GOT to be Kidding Me” files, Chelsea come calling for Kostas Zagos again, only this time, they aren’t ringing our door bell. They are bloody well knocking the door down! Chelsea offer us £21,500,000 for our BACKUP fullback and the offer is auto-accepted by our board, as it meets Zagos’ minimum release clause. I *love* Zagos - I chased him for two years before grabbing him and he’s incredibly versatile, with the ability to play both sides of the field with aplomb. That said, it’s 21 million pounds for our backup so what can I say? I’m sure he’ll take the deal but we’ll see what happens….and just like that, he’s gone.

Transfer OUT

-- So Kostas Zagos comes to terms with Chelsea and he’s gone in a record transfer deal for our club totalling £21,500,000 (paid over 30 months). He leaves Dover after only one season, where he started 24 games (34 total appearances), scoring one goal and finishing with a 7.09 average rating. We’ll miss him but that’s LUDICROUS money for a fullback in my opinion. Time to find someone else now to fill in!

Last edited by NoSkillz : 05-14-2014 at 10:18 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote