View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 03:55 PM   #15
Izulde
Head Coach

Tweaked the team instructions to play much softer on defense given all the damn fouls we've been getting.

Good Train
Chris Black

Bad Trains
Michael Ricketts
Paul Langford
Garry Shephard

$211 profit. My job status is now Insecure. If we don't start turning it around, I'm going to be fired.

15th @Pinefleet Wolfreton (20th)
G: Joe McLoughlin
D: Michael Ricketts/Tom Clarkson/Jordan Street/Steve Bantock
DM: Tutu Henriques
M: Neil Barnfield/Liam Bright
AM: Lee Blackshaw/Harry Beckley
ST: John Wigglesworth

If we can't beat the worst team in the league, I deserve to be fired.

Twice in the game we get lambasted for terrible finishing. Well, the first half I mean. Awful team is awful.

74 - Minshull in for Blackshaw

75 - .... 0-1

Great. On top of it all, Joe Ward is signed away.

Paul Langford wants starts. I'll give them to him.

15th vs Hollinwood (19th)
G: Joe McLoughlin
D: Nathan Jukes/Tom Clarkson/Jordan Street/Lewis Smith
DM: Tutu Henriques
M: Neil Barnfield/Liam Bright
AM: Jason Wood/Lee Blackshaw
ST: Garry Shephard

44 - ...Yeah. Don't get this engine at all. 0-1

48 - Will I be fired after this game? 0-2

55 - And that's Henriques knocked out. Lewis in.

85 - PK. 0-3

After that loss, the board says I have to meet with them or be fired. I'll go to the meeting, but at this point, it's mere formality. I point out the players were crap, and the board accepts that for now.

We bring in 27 year old striker Oliver Hughes to be our next experiment up front. Only he's ineligible due to two teams max rule

Pressure much?

18th vs Wadhurst (7th)
Same lineup as before, but a more direct, high tempo game.

5 - Heh. 0-1

46 - LOL. Just LOL. 0-2

71 - I think McLoughlin is throwing the game. He's flopping around like a Magikarp splash. DO U EVEN SPLASH, BRO?! 0-3

75 - Wigglesworth with a worthless score. 1-3

Ironically, as I'm waiting to be fired after the game, this happens:

What's that, FM? A Level 10 semi-pro team wants me?! I'M APPLYING!

Lee Blackshaw and Tutu Henriques are shredded in the media, as is Michael Ricketts.

The board is pissed at my chasing another job while I'm on the hot seat, so they give me a choice of resign or be sacked. That's bull, considering everything I've done for this club, so I resign.

I see a second semi-pro team open with a cool name, so I apply, and they're the first to offer me an interview. They offer me the job after the interview, but I want to hear from Continental Star, too, so I delay a week.

No word, but the club comes back next week with the same offer - $21.5k until the end of the year, with a 20% managerial compensation clause if I go elsewhere. They're also willing to give a $1k avoid relegation bonus. That all seems fair, but if they're going to put compensation on me, I want $24k. The board counter-offers with $23k, and we're all good.

Whitchurch United FC Jam Boys

What a great nickname. Makes me want some toast with jam.

Quote:
Semipro
Average Ticket Price: $6
Average Season Ticket Price: $98
Season Ticket Holders: 24
Value: $95k
Stadium: 2,000 (200 seated)
Basic corporate facilities
Poor training facilities
Basic youth facilities
Minimal junior coaching
Limited Youth Coaching
Wage Budget: $46.02k p/a

So all the wage budget has been spent on a squad that's 19th in the league. Around $26k is spent on the senior squad, the rest of it on the youth squad. ...That's not exactly a good thing.

I'm the only staff member besides the Chairman. There's a game today. Talk about being thrown into the frying pan.

First thing I do is look for an Assman. My old assman from Inkberrow wants too much money, but one of the old vets I signed is willing to be a Player/Assistant Manager for $2.1k, and he's a bargain at that price.

Whitchurch United was in the Wessex Premier League last season, but relegated down to the Combined Counties League Division One, where they're once again on the verge of dropping. $24.4k in debt and they keep losing money every month due to being over budget and having a terrible sponsorship that only pays them $1.81k a year. Happily, that ends this year.

We'll review the players before tonight's game. One thing that stands out, however - they have just one natural striker on the senior squad, a hothead who's out probably another month with a sprained ankle.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote