View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 11:14 AM   #76
QuikSand
lolzcat

Well, it's the summer of '69. Looking forward, this is going to be a keep-it-together sort of year. We're still paying a lot for CB Pedro Sutter, and we'll feel it. WR/Demigod Luke Duran needs to get paid, and that will eat up maybe $20-25 of my $50m in available cap space. We'll have a couple more tough calls among re-signings. But the likely situation here is that we do all we can to hold together this team, and we can't do much to improve on it. After a 16-0 season, that's fair, but uninteresting.

TE Doss wanted $10m/yr last offseason to re-up, I decided that was too much for a decent but not special talent. Now, he's basically our only returning startable guy, and he thinks he's worth $16m/yr. I don't...but do I harm our offensive cohesion like that after he nearly topped 1,000 yards? Making some free agent hobo into our third option doesn't sound appetizing, so that will be its own challenge.

Chem problems in multiple places, too. That's not exciting to read/write about, but we have work to do there as well.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote