View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #366
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I'm not sure that I buy that as the most logical progression if Lathum was indeed forced into Hoops's hands..

I have to assume that Hoops had it all planned out with a list of whom he felt charted well to which positions along with a few alternates for each in case he got beat to the pick. He goes into enough detail with WW play that he would do so here.

I think because of that he would have picked a player that he wanted to be the cunning wolf. The Cunning wolf in this game because of the rules the wolves are forced to is the most important role for his team. If he was forced to take Lathum as Kwhit suggests possible, I still am not sure that he would have slotted Lathum down in that role.

If I had to guess Hoops, he would have gone a different direction in that scenerio. First, it is an assumption that Poli even did this with his draft strategy to force an excellent player like Lathum onto Hoops in the first place.. Lets run with that assumption then and say ok, lets assume Hoops was forced to take Lathum at the end... if I was Hoops, I would have put Lathum in as the Cultist in that case.

I think it is actually a pretty intersting arguement and a piece of strategy that is fun to talk about in this game, I just don't think it is quite as given as several of you do that this is the exact path that would have transgressed.

I actually agree with all of that. My point about him being the cunning really was just to point out that there is a chance that because of who he is, there is a stronger chance of Lathum being a wolf than any one of the other random players in the game. And if he is, there is a better than average chance of him being the cunning.

I personally would not have drafted Lathum if I were Hoops, but once he got onto my team, I'd be tempted to make him the cunning wolf. I don't think I would, but it would depend on who else was on my team.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote