View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 09:07 AM   #203
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

The CFL Draft

We have traded away several of our picks for this year, leaving us with only four lower-round picks: 4.28, 5.21, 5.28 and 7.28. Unfortunately, this draft is probably the deepest in terms of top-end talent that the CFL has ever seen, especially with quarterbacks. So trading out of the top few rounds this year hurt my efforts to possibly land a long-term replacement for Hogan.

But the lack of high picks this year won't stop me from trading up to get a guy I want, which is exactly what I just did. I traded this year's 4.28, along with my 3rd rounder next year and my 2nd rounder in 2012 to Albany for their 2.7 pick this year. With that pick I selected QB Kent Goodwin, whose 21/54 consensus rating is nothing to drool over. However, he was a combine monster (47 Solecismic, 18 reps and a 7.30 agility) and has a relatively high volatility (80), making him a decent bet to break out. I have to hope he does, because I just gave up a fair amount to get an otherwise average backup QB. It is a gamble to be sure, but one I felt comfortable making. *crosses fingers*
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote