View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 10:25 AM   #224
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Honolulu gets aggressive

SkyDog didn't wait long to make his mark on his new team! He just traded his 2011 2nd round pick to the New Orleans Raging Horde for QB Randolph Kranz. Kranz is a 16-year veteran with a solid resume. My scouts think he can still get it done (75/78), and he'll be the replacement for still-recovering Ronnie Tu. A 2nd rounder might not seem like much for a very talented QB, but New Orleans will benefit by having $7.2 million in cap space wiped clean.

My take: this is a shrewd move by SkyDog, but Kranz likely will only be able to help them the Beagles this year and, if he's lucky, next. He'll still need to acquire a long-term starter (assuming Tu doesn't return to form). Side note: why do the EFC teams keep trading their top QB talent into the Ring of Fire? First Detroit trades Matthias to Arizona and now New Orleans trades Kranz to Honolulu. What's next, is Charleston going to trade Landon Hurst to Las Vegas? Sheesh.

Memo to the EFC: keep your damn quarterbacks to yourself and leave my division alone, okay? It's tough enough to win over here without y'all meddling with the distribution of QB talent.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote