View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 11:04 PM   #233
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Training Camp

Some players made substantial gains during training camp, although I was disappointed to see that almost all of our rookie free agents turned out to be duds. Some key results:

QB Kent Goodwin - I think we're onto something with this kid. He had a great camp and our scouts now rate him as a 25/62 player. That's a total of +4/+8 since the draft. He also picked up a new formation, and now knows a total of 13. I'm very happy.

QB Artie Weinke - Not to be outdone, Weinke improved +3 to a 27/53 player and also learned a new formation (he knows 13 as well). It'll be interesting to see him and Goodwin duke it out in the exhibition season.

C Casey Reeves - Reeves did everything we asked of him in camp and picked up 4 current points to be a 45/61 rated center. He's one of the few starters we'll consider trotting out there in the preseason, just to get him the game experience. Hart should continue to help his development, and we're optimistic that he'll realize his full potential by the end of the regular season.

TE Colin Chandler - Chandler also looks promising. His solid camp (+4/+1) leaves him rated as a 31/49 tight end. That's pretty good, but he'll end up stuck as our #3. I'm optimistic about his future.

FS Mike Mirer - Mike did about all he could in camp (+5 to current ratings), but he'll still come up short in the battle with Hartung. He's now 39/66, but he still needs to work on playing the run and some types of coverage.

LB Joseph Watford - No further deterioration from Watford. That's good.

Summary: I'm happy with our progress in camp. I'm especially thrilled with Goodwin - he looks to be our long-term solution when Hogan retires. Reeves also made critical progress, and none of our veterans suffered any substantial deterioration during camp. Good stuff.

Last edited by Fonzie : 04-24-2006 at 07:54 PM.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote