View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 10:54 PM   #241
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Secondary
Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Sinclair, Ted 24 LCB 4 25 39 3 yrs Biggs, Keven 40 LCB 10 66 74 2 yrs Bennett, Kyle 45 LCB 2 17 46 1 yr. Minahan, Ray 25 RCB 6 58 58 2 yrs Rosenberry, Jeremy 37 RCB 10 45 52 2 yrs Ellsworth, Waylon 27 SS 14 41 41 2 yrs Enoch, Mitchel 31 SS 10 76 83 3 yrs Mason, Austin 21 FS 1 20 31 2 yrs Hartung, Kenneth 32 FS 10 55 55 1 yr. Mirer, Mike 33 FS 2 39 66 3 yrs

We'll be returning Biggs and Rosenberry to their positions out on the islands, and hopefully they'll manage to stay healthy this year (they missed a combined six games last year - and an amazing twenty-five the year before). Minahan is our elite nickel back, a guy who could start for many teams - and he's a nice security blanket in case either starter gets hurt. Bennett is a long-term project, and Sinclair is on the roster for depth.

Mitchel Enoch is our dependable quarterback in the secondary, missing just 2 games in the last 3 years. He's grabbed 9 INTs in the last three years, and has racked up 100+ tackles each year in that period as well. His partner in center field will be Kenneth Hartung, who is keeping the FS position warm for last year's 1st round pick, Mike Mirer. Ellsworth was brought in to be a dimeback, and Austin Mason is on the roster to be a kick returner. He'll need to be really good to make the final roster.

That concludes our tour of the Toros 2010 training camp roster (complete with roster hopefuls). I believe our team is stronger this year, but I don't know that it'll be enough to successfully defend our division title. Arizona looks to be improved, Las Vegas is always dangerous, and Honolulu is no longer the doormat we all expected. Unfortunately, we need to wait another week and a half before the regular season starts, and so we won't know how good we really are for some time. At least we'll get some exhibition results tomorrow, so my appetite for football will be mildly whetted soon.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote