View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #90
hoopsguy
General Manager

For the people thinking about volunteering for public roles:

Galley Master is a really important one later in the game. Water = life, and that role gets to make life/death decisions, as well as put people to the test as potential spawn. I had it in the first one, so I'm not planning to volunteer again, but it is definitely worth having.

I would suggest that if you meet the following criteria that you are a good candidate for that role:
1.) have a reasonable head for math (not hard math, more like calculating odds in poker)
2.) aren't going to feel badly about killing someone by denying them water
3.) are going to actively follow along, keep up with the arguments along the way, but in the end make your decisions and take ownership of them (no "he told me to deny Player X water!" stuff)

Spawn introduces all kinds of fun decision making that isn't always in other werewolf games on top of the votes. This is one such role. I'm sure others can speak about their experiences with other roles and how they played a critical part in success/failure.

I've got nothing to say about #2 - I went out early as a bad guy. Got collared pretty damn firmly that game. No lessons learned.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote