View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #180
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Tell me. oh wise one. How is combat? All in all, it is not going to matter because I can't do much of anything very long with my right arm without pain. But I am itching for a cool game right now.

I seemed to have a knack for running into trouble from my first few steps into Skyrim proper (after the opening sequence).

On whatever the default difficulty is, the combat felt surprisingly similar to Oblivion to me. I mean, I had no need to really think about what to do, it felt comfortable & familiar and I was killing bandits & wolves without much stress. Well, except for my first & only death so far, stupid me forgot to heal after dispatching two bandits, turned the corner around a boulder & ran smack into a bandit captain's battle axe. Two strikes later & I was down and out. Not the game's fault, just careless on my part.

Now I'm not exactly the most sophisticated fighter you're going to find, give me a sword, a shield, and a healing spell & I'll throw down with most anything that comes my way. Strike, block, evade, heal when needed, repeat.