View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #47
Radii
Head Coach

Short answer: I would absolutely stay at Dover. I find the climb way, way more fun than living at the top. As long as you feel there is more room for Dover to climb stay.

Longer answer: In the long dynasty I ran I ended up leaving Woking because I felt like I'd hit a ceiling. It wasn't that the board refused stadium upgrades, but when going to that option it told me that because of the location of the stadium it was physically impossible to ever upgrade the stadium. So I left. I don't regret that at all, the journey with Ipswich to the top of the EPL was incredibly fun... but it was the beginning of the end.

Once I had built Ipswich into a team that was going to finish top 4 in the EPL every year with a massive budget it got kinda boring quickly. I felt like I was just going through the motions for the majority of the season to get to the end to see if I was going to get unlucky in the champions league quarterfinals or semifinals or if I would finally win the tournament. The only interesting part of league play after a point was to get to the end to see if I was going to finish 2nd or 3rd or if I wss going to win the league again. The only interesting thing about acquiring players was "is this player willing to play for me?" because for a superstar player there was no transfer fee I couldn't meet, and no salary I couldn't pay. So if a player was willing to play for me and I wanted him bad enough, he was mine. No budget management left to do.

That was my experience at least, others may of course vary.

Last edited by Radii : 08-21-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote