Thread: True Detective
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #54
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by APC View Post
I'm hearing the "Rust is still undercover" theory a lot. If there is some massive ring of satanic child killings going on and Rust has been undercover trying to crack it for 8 years, that means he's close to several of the major players involved.

Why would he just sit idly by and let the killings continue for 8 years? He had no problem w/ Marty blasting Ledoux then fixing a nice cover-up. Why wouldn't Rust kill off some of the folks involved with whatever is happening and hope that that would break the ring?

I can't see Rust just standing pat as more people get killed simply because he's working undercover. And if he's been undercover for 8 years, that means he's made enough progress to know some the key folks involved and would have acted accordingly by now.

Anyway, I'm sure the show will go in an entirely different direction, but I don't see Rust being undercover as much of a possibility.

Great points, knowing what we know, if he spent those 8 years investigating, and actually found stuff out, uncovered secrets, he does seem like the type to just end it with a bullet.

Man, i just don't know....and i love it!
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote