Thread: True Detective
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #72
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
I love this idea, however that would be one of the most shocking/disturbing moments in tv history.even with mcconaughey's transformation this year, i think that's too much for him.

I just don't see it. Yeah, Cohle has a very dark view of the world, but he got in "trouble" because he blew away some junkie that was injection herion or meth or something into an infant. Between that and losing his own daughter, I think Cohle is pretty strictly in the anti-harming children camp.

I really don't think either Marty or Cohle are involved. I believe the show doesn't have quite as much going on in terms of "mythology" and "mystery" as many people would like to believe. I don't think it detracts from the show, but I think the show is a little more straight-forward.

The "Five Kings" idea is the most solid. Given Ledeaux's tattoo and the creepy "devil catching" sculptures at his place, I believe he was one of them. His partner may, or may not, have been another. But the girl said that there was the man with the burned face - the people at the revival tent saw a tall man with facial scars talking to Dora Lang - so, I think he's the "worst". Maybe he's the "Yellow King" or maybe Tuttle was the "Yellow King" and the tall man with the scarring was also involved.

It will be interesting to see.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote