Thread: True Detective
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 04:21 AM   #88
whomario
Pro Starter

i kind of think that the writers tried a little too hard in the last 2 episodes. Seems a tad bit forced too have it get this political dimension and stuff. But i´m perfectly willing to be blown away by the last episode Overall i thought the series was brilliant, the 2 lead characters alone would have made for great TV. Music/Sound has been terrific throughout, imo a perfect example of how to use both score and songs. They don´t overshadow the pictures but rather mix with them extremely well.
The end of both episodes 3 (the monster speech, the brilliant score, the amazing shots of the property and Ledoux) and episode 4 (the long take at the end with the project and the action going on there) have been outstanding.

as an aside: I seriously needed half of the first episode to get over the fact that mcconaughey sort of looks like Abed from community in this
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote