View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #438
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
MBBF, just an honest question for you. Why is it so important to you that Sony win the console wars? You're a intelligent guy. You run a successful winery/haunted house. The way you are with this whole thing doesn't really 'fit'.

I get the tinted glasses when it comes to Mizzou, but not with Sony.

I find the business intriguing. I'm in it for the discussion more than whether Sony wins or not. Everybody likes to predict which team will win in sports. When you're a person with a heavy business background, this kind of stuff is great to talk about. You can learn a lot from other people's moves/mistakes no matter what business you're looking at.

I think Sony has had the better product over the last three generations. The only difference between the first two and the third was the bungling of the PR and customer service aspects at every turn. It's an EXCELLENT reminder (or wake-up call depending on where you are) if you run a business that customers come first. It appears they have done better on this generation thus far, but we'll just have to see.

I find the last article to be a bit misleading given that we weren't shown the raw data (unless you pay $500). That 50% margin amongst respondants could easily be mostly amongst Euro respondants (who are likely to lean towards the PS4 anyway) with the U.S. being a very close 50/50 race.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote