View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 05:48 AM   #101
Poli
FOFC Survivor

15 at practice today, Ray and Layne didn't make it. Layne's birthday was yesterday, a lame reason to miss, but I understand. Ray, not sure why he was missing.

It did hamper my idea of 8 on 8, so I went 8 on 7, with the extra guy on offense. Ryan, the center, played center for both squads. David worked at tackle initially, and then moved to fullback. Ashanti started at tight end and was actually willing to move down to tackle to help out. Nolan played defense for both squads.

Ashanti and Bryce each started their squads at defensive end. They were both very timid initially. They didn't charge up the field and box. I got in each of their face and told them if they weren't going to do it, that I'd run the sweep on them all day. I turned around, ran the sweep, and they were there after that.

Nathaniel worked at linebacker initially, which meant he had to take on a double team. He was a little softer than I initially thought he'd be. He fought through it, but let it be know it was 'hard'. Connor did a much better job fighting it off his turn around.

Corners weren't much help at all. At least they followed the motion man across. They weren't physical enough at all. Defensive line looked like they were working hard.

Offensively, we scored 3 touchdowns. Two by Bryce, one by Carlos. Carlos seems to be working very hard offensively to replace JD. Noah led the first team and had an early fumbled snap, but after that was reliable. Nathaniel and Ryan constantly fumbled snaps, so they'll work on that during our tackling drills today.

David struggled making the right blocks at tackle, but soon picked up on it when Coach Travis pointed it out. I was missing it as I was watching the DE/FB action for the most part.

Overall, not too bad. Offense did well at times, defense did well at times.

We're ready for the Trojans and the scrimmage Thursday.