View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 07:39 PM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

My first year starting to play PC games, entirely arcade before that. I only had a couple games and only one that was memorable.

Starflight - This game ruled my year. While the graphics and options may be very dated this had a lot of depth and allowed the imagination to fill in any gaps. Exploring many solar systems, finding worm holes, hiring a better crew and dealing with the looming intergalactic threat.

Memories - No specific memory except the feeling of how vast the universe seemed to be that it allowed me to explore.

The year I really started playing PC games much more.

Earl Weaver Baseball - First foray into a computer baseball game and this one was amazing for a teenager that loved the game of baseball. Being able to create your own stadium and setup your own teams made this a joyous playground that just sucked up the hours.

Memories - I ran a "fantasy league" with this using a season disk, my first foray into running a league as well. The league was with a few teachers from my school (I worked after school as a janitor through high school); they were as big of baseball fanatics as I was.

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards - A funny game, especially to my teenage self. Probably wouldn't hold up to the test of time for what I may consider funny now but it was fun to play back then.

Memories - Not really many memories here, just that I thought it was funny.

Sid Meier's Pirates - This one sucked up a lot of time. I spent many hours crossing the seas and terrorizing the French merchants. Thankfully this one didn't have a stupid dancing mini game built into it.

Memories - Some nights it seemed like a voyage across the seas were endless due to heavy head winds. Hated having to start out a battle against the wind, though it made it more challenging.

Current Ranking
1) Starflight (1986)
2) Earl Weaver Baseball (1987)
3) Sid Meier's Pirates (1987)
4) Leisure Suit Larry (1987)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote