View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 07:00 PM   #19323
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
All I can say is fuck carpenter ants. Didn't even realize I had any until I noticed a bubble of paint on a door frame in my bathroom. Touched the bubble, and there was nothing behind it. Pried the trim off of the wall, and the damn things burrowed through most of it, and up into the wood above the door.

Have an exterminator coming out, but I'm fearful that they did more damage up in the attic. I sure hope not.

Exterminator came today. They weren't carpenter ants, they were termites. I've never seen any around the place. He found that they were coming up through the foundation around the pipes in the slab. It is amazing they can do that, because on that side of the house the slab is 4 feet thick.

I went in the attic, and looked for any obvious damage, but the way my rooms are laid out, I can't get closer than about 15 feet to the area. I'm going to cut an access panel to that part of the attic in my closet, so I can get a closer look.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote